Our History


In 1918, Ben J. Massell, called a “one-man boom” by the late Atlanta Mayor William B. Hartsfield, founded Massell Properties. During his lifetime, Massell oversaw the construction of more than 1,000 buildings — from a one-story single-tenant structure to the Merchandise Mart on Peachtree Street.

In 1942, CMS Realty Company, named after its major stockholder, Caroline Massell Selig, was founded. After Ben Massell’s death in 1962, son-in-law Simon S. Selig, Jr. divided his time between the Massell Companies and Selig Chemical Industries.

After selling Selig Chemical Industries in 1965, Simon Selig focused on CMS Realty and guided the company through astute acquisitions and new developments. In 1968, CMS Realty transformed into Selig Enterprises, Inc. as Simon Selig and his son, S. Stephen Selig III, the current president and chairman, managed the company’s operations.

In 1981 Selig Enterprises acquired AAA Parking, a family-owned business established in 1956 by George E. Williams. AAA offers parking facility management, valet services, event parking and consulting on property parking analysis.

Today, Selig Enterprises, Inc. is a real estate holding and development company with a portfolio in excess of ten million square feet with properties throughout the Southeast. Headquartered in Atlanta, Selig provides leasing, development, acquisition, space design, construction, legal, property management, brokerage and accounting services. 

int
1100 Spring Street NW, Suite 550 | Atlanta, GA | 404-876-5511
Home | Our History | Resources | News | Contact

Copyright © 2014 Selig Enterprises Inc., All Rights Reserved.